Acquisition Logistics Engineering Portfolio
We are proud of the vast number of private and government clients we have served in our more than 30 years of logistics support and consultation.
Our portfolio features a few projects that we feel demonstrate the breadth of our experience and capabilities.
Please take a look at Advanced Electronics, the U.S. Coast Guard, U.S.C.G Deepwater, Optical Sight System and Construction of an Educational Facility.
System Level Analysis
ALE’s life cycle engineering capabilities and experience have been successfully applied to the development of complex systems to reduce ownership cost and improve user satisfaction. Examples of our successes in system level analysis include:
- U.S. Coast Guard National Distress and Response System Modernization (NDRSMP) – ALE’s system level life cycle cost analysis identified user requirements that were driving total ownership cost up by 25%. A minor revision to these requirements resulted in over $500M in total ownership cost avoidance.
- U.S. Navy Ship Design Concept Studies – ALE’s leadership during cost reduction studies on a next generation ship class identified significant opportunities to reduce total ownership cost.
- U.S. Air Force Manside Test Set (MTS) – Reliability, Safety, and Human Factors Analyses performed by ALE during the MTS design phase resulted in significant improvements in the safety and usability of this critical support equipment item used for pilot life support equipment testing and repair and by USAF pilots as a critical part of their pre-flight preparation.
Subsystem Level Analysis
ALE has worked successfully with subsystem integrators who are responsible for design, integration, production, and life cycle support of a group of complex equipment that provides critical system functions. The objective of subsystem level life cycle analysis is the selection and integration of the equipment in a safe, reliable, and supportable way.
- NASA Space Launch System (SLS) – ALE performed Failure Mode, Effects, and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) on critical flight hardware used on the next generation rocket that will deliver crew and cargo to space.
- Electronic Counter Measures (ECM) – ALE performed maintenance analysis on a complex, next generation ECM subsystem to define and document a cost-effective depot maintenance plan.
- Advanced Electro-Optical Fire Control Systems – ALE has performed a wide range of life cycle engineering analsyes (including reliability, FMECA, system safety, human factors, supportability analysis) during the design, testing, and fielding of several advanced technology fire control systems.
Equipment/Item Level Analysis
Complex systems are put together with complex equipment, and the inherent reliability, safety, and life cycle support characteristics of that equipment has a great influence on the reliability, safety, and life cycle support at the system level. Over our 30 year history, ALE has performed analyses on hundreds of pieces of complex equipment used in ground, airborne, naval, and space environments. Our successful application of life cycle analyses, including reliability, maintainability, safety, human factors, and supportability analysis, has improved the safety and availability of virtually every military and commercial aircraft designed in the past two decades, as well as countless military systems that are currently in use.
ALE’s equipment/item level analysis experience includes:
- Hydraulic and Pneumatic Heat Exchangers
- Hydraulic and Pneumatic Valves
- Fuel and Hydraulic Pumps
- Gas Turbine Fuel Nozzles
- Inert Gas Generators
- Control Cables
- Fuel and Hydraulic Filters
- Hydraulic Actuators
- Automatic Fire Fighting Nozzles
- Water Mist Systems